up to date
Koubachi wins award!
03 Oct 17:47
...and the winner is: KOUBACHI!
We are very pleased to announce that the "Swisscom App of the Year Award 2011" in the category iOS has been awarded to Koubachi!
Press release: Swisscom App of the Year Award 2011
We are very happy and proud about the award - we take it as a great compliment for the Koubachi idea and will follow our mission to make plant care a simpler, yet more powerful user experience.
Thanks goes to our users as well - thanks for adopting the Koubachi iPhone app so fast and for providing us with valuable feedback to improve the app on an ongoing basis.
Koubachi: Give your plant a voice!
Very successful SpogaGafa!
09 Sep 11:07
We are back from three days at the SpogaGafa. The days more than exceeded our expectations – it’s been very valuable 3 days for Koubachi. We received numerous positive feedbacks from visitors and fellow exhibitors and we were able to initiate a lot of interesting contacts.
Below we provide you with a short diary of the days at SpogaGafa and for a few impressions from our booth click here
Day 0 (setup of booth)
- Upon arrival at the SpogaGafa, we very impressed by the sheer size of the fair... as well as by the size of our booth:-).
- Everything was very well organized with regard to the construction of the booth, so we only needed to decorate the booth and setup all our electronic equipment.
Day 1 (Opening of SpogaGafa)
- Booth was ready well ahead the official opening. Right after the opening of the doors, the first visitors startet to flock to our booth. Eye-catcher were the call-outs, the iPhone display and our video displaying an explanation of the Koubachi app.
- Lots of visitors from the press on first day, we presented the Koubachi iPhone app to journalists from Spain up to Finland.
- The german television (MDR) also passed by to have the app explained.
Day 2 (2nd day of SpogaGafa)
- While we’ve been already quite satisfied with the frequency on the first day, the Koubachi booth enjoyed a higher frequency on Monday. Great interest for our solution from all kind of trade visitors and fellow exhibitors alike.
- Also the QR-code prototype we build together with ASB Greenworld caught the attention of the visitors.
Day 3 (Last day of SpogaGafa)
- We were prepared for a decreasing frequency on the last day...however, the Koubachi booth enjoyed an even higher frequency than on Monday! Guess it’s a good sign when nobody of the Koubachi team has eaten lunch by 2pm...there was simply no time...! (Thanks goes to Ms. Steinfatt from ASB Greenworld for providing us at least with delicious cake from their booth!).
- While Bettina and Giovanna showcased the app to curious visitors at the front, Philipp and David conducted in-depth discussions with interested visitors/exhibitors in the back. We also visited several other booths we got invited to for talks.
- After wrapping up our booth at SpogaGafa 2011, we finally embarked upon our journey back home to Zurich.
30 Aug 07:26
We are pleased to announce that Koubachi has been invited to the SpogaGafa 2011 (September 4-6) in Cologne!
SpogaGafa is one of the leading gardening trade fairs in Germany and Europe. It features a "boulevard of ideas", consisting of 6 specially designed areas where innovative and new concepts in the field of gardening are presented.
Koubachi has been invited to showcase its app on the "boulevard of ideas", namely the area "new media"!
A great opportunity for Koubachi and we are very much looking forward to these interesting days.
Visit us at the SpogaGafa 2011!
("boulevard of ideas" - area: "new media")
For more information, check out the homepage of the SpogaGafa.
P.s. Of course, we will keep you updated on the SpogaGafa - follow us on Twitter to be live on board!
To: Goldman Sachs UK
22 Aug 09:57
On the weekend, we discovered a story in the sunday newspapers which we want to share with you...
Goldman Sachs UK (one of THE investment banks) is seeking to cut costs and therefore decided to remove the pot plants from the offices. Bad idea...if they would have read our twitter feed / facebook page, they would know about the positive benefits of plants in the offices:
- plants increase the room climate, particularly important in rooms with a lot of computers (as with Goldman)
- studies have shown that plants in the offices increase employee performance / productivity and decrease absenteeism
Good that the people at Goldman Sachs UK also protested - and finally Goldman Sachs gave in, but only when the employees signed a paper that from now on, they will take care of the plants
If you know somebody from Goldman Sachs UK...tell them about Koubachi - will make their life easier :-)
Goldman Sachs UK employees: Koubachi is with you!
Read the whole story: Pot plants in firing line at Goldman Sachs