Information We Collect
- User-Provided Information: You provide us information about yourself, such as your name and e-mail address when you register with the Service. You also provide us information in the Content and Application(s) you post to the Service. If you correspond with us by e-mail, we may retain the content of your e-mail messages, your e-mail address and our responses.
- Cookies Information: When you visit the Service, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets Koubachi help you log in faster and enhance your navigation experience on the site. A cookie may also convey information about how you browse the Service. A persistent cookie may remain on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser during subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Log File Information: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you use the Service, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit our website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
- Clear Gifs Information: When you use the Service, we may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our users anonymously. No personally identifiable information from your Koubachi account is collected using these clear gifs. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based e-mails sent to our users to track which e-mails are opened by recipients. The information is used to enable more accurate reporting, improve the effectiveness of our marketing, and make Koubachi better for our users.
How We Use Your Information
- We use the personal information you submit to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service.
- By providing Koubachi your e-mail address, you consent to our using the e-mail address to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. We may use your e-mail address to send you other messages, such as newsletters, changes to features of the Service, or special offers. If you do not want to receive such e-mail messages, you may opt out or notify us be e-mail.
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, Koubachi may retain your profile information, Content, and Application for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, or audit purposes. Furthermore, Koubachi may retain and continue to use indefinitely all Content contained in your communications to other users or posted to public or semi-public areas of the Service after termination or deactivation of your account.
- If you choose to use our invitation service to invite a friend to the Service, we will ask you for that person's e-mail address and automatically send an e-mail invitation. Koubachi stores this information to send this e-mail, to register your friend if your invitation is accepted, and to track the success of our invitation service. Your friend may contact us to request that we remove this information from our database by e-mail.
- Koubachi may use certain information about you and/or your Application internally for purposes such as analyzing how the Service is used, diagnosing service or technical problems, maintaining security, and personalizing content.
- Koubachi reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor or remove the Content you post on the Service if in our sole opinion such Content violates, or may violate, any applicable law or our Terms of Service, or to protect or defend our rights or property or those of any third party. Koubachi also reserves the right to remove Content upon the request of any third party.
How We Share Your Information
- As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer, e-mail, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also transfer or assign such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or dissolution.
- If you invite another user to share your Application, we will share the Application and associated Content with that user. You can change your Application sharing settings at any time in you app resource page. Any Content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to public areas of the Service becomes available to the public. If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other users have copied or saved that information.
- By subscribing to or enabling an Add-on, you grant Koubachi permission to share your Application, Content, and user information with the Add-on Provider as necessary in order to provide you the Add-on. We cannot control third parties’ use of your information. If you do not want your information to be collected by or shared with an Add-on Provider, you can choose not to subscribe to or enable Add-ons.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain Koubachi services.
How We Protect Your Information
- Koubachi uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information and implement your Application sharing settings. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Koubachi or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk.
- To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Compromise of Personal Information
Your Choices About Your Information
- You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Service, in which case Koubachi may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may update or correct your account information and e-mail preferences by sending an e-mail.
Links to Other Web Sites and Services
Last revised on September 20, 2011